What are the HomeAway Marketplace standards?
How does this Marketplace benefit my business?
Our goal is to provide you with the most bookings possible, and to do so we need to provide travellers with a simple and secure online booking experience. These marketplace standards help to make it easier to book, and give travellers security in their booking experience so they are more likely to return to the marketplace in the future.
HomeAway Marketplace Standards
By following these standards, you will benefit in improved visibility to travellers looking to book your property on the HomeAway site and in an overall better experience for you and your guests. Owners and property managers are expected to adhere to the following standards when listing a property on the HomeAway network of sites through both our pay-per-booking and subscription listing models.
- All bookings from HomeAway travellers must be processed through the HomeAway checkout or reported through an integrated software. Content around avoiding the HomeAway service fee or any other request on your listing that attempts to direct travellers to another website or to book outside of HomeAway checkout is not permitted. This includes but is not limited to language, URLs, phone numbers, email addresses, and physical addresses.
- You must accept a material number of booking requests. While we understand that not all booking requests are desirable for your property, you should accept the majority of the requests.
- You cannot cancel a material number of confirmed reservations. Cancelling a confirmed reservation is a huge disappointment and can result in lost time, money and a bad overall experience for travellers.
- You must maintain an accurate calendar. Your calendar should be kept accurate at all times. This will save potential travellers from having to spend time submitting booking requests for unavailable dates, and will save you from having to respond about availability.
- You cannot use one listing to drive bookings for multiple unlisted properties.
Offences to these are violations of our Terms and Conditions. These standards are intended to minimise risk and provide the best experience possible for you and your travellers. Should any of these be violated, your listing is subject to less visibility to travellers, penalties that include but are not limited to removing or disabling your ability to receive enquiries, demotion or removal from search results, or removal from the listing site all together without any refund.