How is my listing translated and can I customise the content?
Your basic listing details, rates, availability and photos are all automatically updated on our international sites when you update your HomeAway.co.uk listing.
Customising your listing translations
- Log into your account.
- If you have more than one listing, click the one you want to edit.
- Click Edit Property & Rates.
- From the drop down menu title Also edit your listing in select the language you want to edit your language in.
- Next to Auto Translation On, click Disable and confirm your choice by clicking Opt Out.
- Enter your translations into the language fields provided.
- Click Save.
When you advertise with us, your listing is visible on the global network of 25 international sites throughout Europe and around the world. The content on your listing on these sites is translated through Google Translator.
Machine Translation is a service that HomeAway provides for free to improve the traveller's experience within our network of sites. HomeAway prioritises the translation of listings based on a number of factors including demand. If you want to make sure your listings are translated in a given language, we highly recommend that you provide the translation.
When you disable Auto Translate, you cannot revert back to Google Translator. If you disable Auto Translate you must translate your listing information yourself. You cannot partially edit the auto-translated text.