What is Phishing?
- Use secure online payments through secure credit card transactions. Our own HomeAway Payments™ is secure for both travellers and owners. Learn more about HomeAway Payments here.
- If an owner or manager accept payment via PayPal, be sure to fund your PayPal account with a credit card so your payment is protected.
- If you are an owner or manager, include your phone number on your holiday rental listing so that travellers can call you to confirm their reservation and payment details prior to sending money, especially when you are asking to be paid by cheque or through a bank transfer.
- If you are a traveller, call the phone number on a listing before sending payment.
- If you receive an email that you think might be from HomeAway but looks suspicious and claims to come from one of our brands, please call us at +44 (0)208 827 1971.
- To access your owner dashboard, only sign in to our official websites. To confirm it's an official website, make sure the URL (or address bar) starts with https://cas.homeaway.com (for both HomeAway.com and VRBO.com and HomeAway.co.uk)
- Never provide personal information (e.g., passwords, security questions etc.) to anyone through email communication. You are most secure when you start at the homepage of your service provider (e.g., mail.google.com).
- If you receive a suspicious email, do not click on any links or reply. A suspicious email would be one that doesn't include normal brand heading, has typos and errors, or asks for personal information via email.
- How do I report a phishing email?
- Why do I have to log-in to my dashboard to view traveller email addresses and phone numbers?